GetX Search for Sage 100 ERP
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should use GetX? Every Sage 100 ERP user benefits from GetX.
- What sort of things can GetX make faster? We’ve found at least 32 things in the Sage 100 Idea Site alone that GetX can make faster. Read more here.
- What is searchable by GetX? GetX indexes dozens of tables using the Sage 100 ERP business object framework, plus the Payroll Employee Masterfile. This excludes Payroll, Job Cost, Work Order, Time Card and MRP.
- If I have 3rd party add-ons, can they be searched? Any data field added, whether a User Defined Field or a field added by a 3rd party developer, that appends the data dictionary of a searchable table can be enabled for search.
- What are the search methods available? http://erpappsblog.com/methods-for-searching-sage-100-erp-with-getx/ this post describes and illustrates all of the search methods available using GetX in Sage 100.
- Where does the indexed data reside? The GetX indexed database is created in the ..\MAS90\xxx_GX\ folder where ‘xxx’ is the company code.
- How large is the indexed database? The indexed database will be roughly one-quarter to one-half of the size of the data files being indexed.
- How long does it take for GetX to index the data? At the time of installation, initial indexing could take several hours. Note that users will need to be out of the system for an extended length of time during this process. xkzero recommends installing the software after business hours.
Subsequent indexing, however, will happen unattended and will only take minutes or seconds.
- How frequently is the data indexed? You can control the frequency of data indexing, ranging from once per minute to once per week.
- Where to download? Visit www.xkzero.com/ERP_search to learn more about GetX and to download the free thirty day trial!
- What are the system requirements for running GetX, including the free trial? —Sage 100 ERP version 4.5+
- —Server: Microsoft .NET 2.0 or higher
—No special hardware requirements in addition to the Sage published guidelines for Sage 100 ERP
- How do I obtain GetX support? Clients with current maintenance subscriptions, and those installing the free trial can send requests any time via email: GetXsupport@xkzero.com.
Or, call phone support at 847-416-2009 from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 pm CST.
We believe that people perform best when they are confident, informed, and have a high level of trust in the tools they use. xkzero builds solutions designed for the best possible user experience, engineered in a flexible way to accommodate the needs of each individual and adaptable to the precise business rules that can vary industry by industry, company by company. If you find us failing to deliver on that, please let us know!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-416-2009 with any questions!