We’ve been telling anyone willing to listen about the tremendous time savings, and occasional client-saving advantages of having universal search for your ERP, but we know its not for everyone. Who is it not for, you might ask? We’ve been compiling a list. Here are 10 surefire ways to know that universal search in your ERP is not for you:
- I enjoy standing in lines. Like at the DMV.
- I enjoy making others wait.
- I enjoy looking for things in the dark.
- When I can’t find what I’m looking for, I’m okay with that.
- “Why take the shortcut when there’s always a longer way?” is part of my mantra.
- For my kid’s birthday party I always choose ‘find the needle in the haystack’ as the game to play.
- Stopping at the gas station for directions is a valued part of my social life.
- I’m the best in my office at memorizing customer purchase order numbers.
- I have a PhD in System Navigation.
- I don’t know what you are looking for anyway.
Especially if #10 sounds familiar, we say keep on navigating those good old-fashioned menu structures. But actually with GetX version 2.0 we’ve introduced some fuzzy logic – so maybe if you kind of know what you are looking for, universal search might help.
If you’ve read this far and think you might like to know more about how you can save time in your Sage 100 ERP system, please check out one of our upcoming webinars!
By Paul Ziliak, co-founder, xkzero